Attock District is a district in the Punjab Province of Pakistan. The district was created in 1904 by the merger of Talagang Tehsil in the Jhelum District with the Pindigheb, Fatehjang and Attock tehsils from Rawalpindi District of the Punjab province of British India. Attock District is bordered by the Haripur and Swabi districts of North-West Frontier Province to the north, the district of Rawalpindi to the east, the district of Chakwal to the southeast, the district of Mianwali to the southwest, and North-West Frontier Province districts of Kohat and Nowshera to the west and northwest. The river Indus forms the western boundary of the district. Attock District was originally named Campbellpur after the Briton Sir Campbell who founded the city of Campbellpore. The name of the district was changed to Attock as of 1978.Attock city is the district headquarters.
The district has a population of 1,274,935 of which 20.45% were urban in 1998. The Awans, Milars and Khattars are the main tribes of Attock District.
in Tehsil Pindigheb, small town by Name Khaur, there you see the oldest Oil wells of the subcontinants, these oil wells starts in 1894, & the 1st oil well of the subcontinant is also here. a P.O.L oil company’s musem is also here for travelers.