IT Services : About Us | Network Services | E Solutions | Completed Projects| Site Map | SMS Service | Feed Back| Contact us
Home | Tourism | Learn Islam | Weather Update | IT Corner | Artistic Corner   
 

Tourism

Basic Information
Map of Pakistan
History
Culture
Cities
Valleys
Lakes
Mountains
Treks
Trekking Info
Maps
Tombs & Mosques
Museums
Parks
Festivals
Passes
Tours
Tour Scheduler
Hotels
Fairs
Travelers
Distance Finder
Glaciers
Airports
Rent a Car
Photo Gallery
Other Information

Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto(Nawabshah)

Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto District (previously known as Nawabshah District is one of the districts in the province of Sindh, Pakistan. The city's airport has a very large runway in Pakistan. The district was renamed in September 2007 when most of MPAs of Nawabshah demanded renaming the district to honour the late party leader. The renaming of the district was criticised by the family of Syed Nawabshah and others who, while saddened at the death of Bhutto, felt that Nawabshah was an historic district and ought to have kept its name

Archeology

The mausoleum of Thul Mir Rukun is historical and archeological tomb is the property of Archeology Department Government of Sindh and is situated at 15 kilometers away from Daulatpur Taluka (Town). A road from Kazi Ahmed Town via Pabjo village leads to Thul Rukan to reach at this thousand years old archeological exemplary construction. The height of this tomb is 60 feet from ground level. Mr. Henry Cusin, the British Archeologist writes in his book "Sindh's Archeology" (Sindhi Translation "Sindh Ja Qadeem Aasaar" by Ata Muhammad Bhambro) that the bricks used in the construction of this tomb were made and prepared of Budhist Rulers' period. The line painting for the birth of Gaotam Budh was shown on the bricks clearly which are preserved and kept by the Sindh Archeological Department. He writes that the ornaments and small effigies and statues were also found when the ground was dug around the tomb.

Local government

The district is administratively subdivided into four taulaks, these are:

* Nawabshah
* Daulatpur
* Sakrand
* Daur

History:

After the 1853 invasion by General Charles Napier, Sindh was divided into provinces and was assigned to Zamindars (or landlords) to collect taxes for the British. Sindh was later made part of British India's Bombay Presidency and became a separate province in 1935. Nawabshah Taluka Nawabshah was established in 1907, which later on in 1912 was upgraded to "Nawabshah District". , named after Syed Nawab Shah son of Syed Nawaz Ali Shah, who migrated from Sann district Dadu to Nawabshah with his family in 1881. There are two Irrigation Water Supply Divisions called "Nusrat Division" and "Dad Division" in the district.But later on the Rulers of that period developed this area to Urban or City area. The families from some other districts and provinces also came here and started to reside here. The Rulers named these small developed areas as "Talukas" in Sindh. Therefore they named this Taluka by the name of the migrater Syed Nawab Shah, which was initially called Nawabshah Town, then developed as Nawabshah Taluka and finally it was developed to Nawabshah District. Shaheed Benazeerabad District is situated at left Bank of River Indus. The name of the district was changed from Nawabshah District to Shaheed Benazeerabad District in April 2008 when a resolution was passed by Provincial Assembly Sindh unanimously to pay the tributes and regards to the Mohtarma Benazeer Bhutto who was assassinated in a suicidal terrorists attack after her address deleivered to the general public in general election campaign 2008. It should be necessary to mention here that Benazeer Bhutto was married by Asif Ali Zardari in this district and it is why that the Member Provincial Assembly (MPA) from Nawabshah Tariq Masood Choudhry put up and got passed the said resolution unanimously in a Sindh Assembly session on the demand of general public and the workers of Pakistan Peoples Party from the district. Mr. Hamid Ali Khan was the first Deputy Commissioner of Nawabshah District who took over his office on November 1, 1912. First Suprintendent of Police of the district was P.M.Stewart, while the first Muslim Suprintendent of Police Nawabshah District was Molvi Zia-ud-deen who took over his office on July 26, 1918. At the establishment of the district in 1912, the seven Talukas were included in this district namely Kandiaro, Nausheroferoze, Moro, Sakrand, Nawabshah, Sanjhoro and Shahdadpur. The landlords of Jatoi, Syed, and Jam castes were active in the politics of Nawabshah from very beginning, but from 1970 and onwards, Pakistan Peoples Party became the biggest political party of the district. Since then, the main ruling community in the district are from Jatoi, Syed, bangwar, Brohi, Zardari .. This district is located in the centre of the Sindh Province of Pakistan, and is therefore commonly known as the Heart of Sindh.

 

Back
Untitled Document
 
 
This website is meant to provide information and help internet users to get the solution of their problems and update their knowledge
This website is only for public use. There is no copy rights of any text or images etc All contents can be reuse for positive purpose only
You are Visitor Number:  Online Users